The North American Hairstyling Awards is the most prestigious professional beauty competition in North America, and honors the salon industry’s top artists – who push the boundaries of skill and creativity.
This year there will be 14 categories of excellence, which we will be entering into the Student Stylist of the Year Category.
Student Stylist of the Year 2020
Aveda Institute Columbus
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Entrant MUST be tested out to accept guests
Entrant MUST NOT be a licensed professional as of September 10th, 2021
STUDENT ENTRY 2022
HERE IS HOW YOU APPLY!
In a 2-3 minute video share the following via YouTube or Vimeo:
Introduce yourself and share your passion for the beauty industry!
Tell us why you chose to come to the Aveda Institute
Share why you should represent your school at NAHA
Show us your technical abilities in your own creative way
Creat a look that would represent your collection
- Complete a look on a mannequin or model that represents your collection using color, cut and makeup
You can purchase a mannequin through Pivot Point, Amazon or a local hair store
SUBMISSION MUST INCLUDE:
- Before and after images of your Haircut, Color, Style, Makeup
- Images of the complete process throughout your video
ENTRIES SUBMITTED BY
Friday, July 2nd to the following educators:
WINNING STUDENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON TUESDAY, JULY 6TH
JULY 27th - August 1st
Photoshoot and Model Call will be held in Cincinnati
Each student will arrive in Cincinnati to do a two day prep and shoot on their designated day to create their collection. Studentw will work with their mentor and other industry professionals to create and elevate their looks.
- Columbus - Tuesday, July 27th & Wednesday, July 28th
- Indianapolis - Wednesday, July 28th & Thursday, July 29th
- Chapel Hill - Thursday, July 29th & Friday, July 30th
- Los Angeles - Friday, July 30th & Saturday, July 31st
- Cincinnati - Saturday, July 31st & Sunday, August 1st
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!